We have all heard those famous words...
** DO YOU WANT TO ADD A (x) YEAR WARRANTY WITH THAT??? **
The problem is this:
- No one actually reads the fine print
- No one actually knows what is "covered" in the warranty
- No one actually understands if the warranty is needed..
WELL TIME TO ANSWER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL...
See here at IntraTek we keep is simple, no overuse of technical terms or bogus (blinkerfluid) talk. We are up front giving honest direction and feedback so you don't buy a stretch limo, when the cadillac will do.
Warranties - they cover the most bogus of items, unless you can find specifics like a car warranty (i.e. bumper to bumper or limited coverage on engine unless your four wheeling in the middle of a swamp.)
ONE QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IS - WHAT SPECIFICS DO YOU NEED COVERED FOR YOUR ELECTRONIC GADGETS??
- WATER DAMAGE
- ACCIDENTAL DROP
- RUNNING OVER WITH CAR
- KIDS LOSING AT TARGET
- DOGS BURYING IN BACKYARD
Once you have the specifics you will be able to begin your search for a policy that might exist. So far, we have found only one that is worth the investment. Which we will get to later in this post. Without naming specifics, we have 1 client of ours who absolutely needs the accidental coverage on the iPhone line of products. This individual is cracking screens faster than we can almost repair. Since we knew this individual would be only going through screens through life's accidents, we could add them to a policy for that specific purpose. Now if this person needed water damage coverage, our original policy would not work, especially to the extent where there is no deductible with a speedy one day turn around.
Let's get this off our chest as we are really irked by this one...
Why would anyone want a warranty that takes 2 to 3 weeks just for approval, then another 2 to 3 weeks for replacement of said covered device at the best possible turn around we have experienced ourselves???
Unless you know the specifics, the coverage, the turn around, the initial cost, the entire headache at which is will take to get your device fixed...WE strongly recommend just buying another device once the original breaks.
NOW DON"T GET CRAZY SCREAMING PROFANITY'S JUST YET
There are some circumstances which do warrant adding coverage;
- The item is expensive and you wouldn't have the money to replace right away and is critical for survival. (yes this means mobile phones for an Entrepreneur, but mainly half-million dollar servers for instance)
- The device or item in question is an original they do not make anymore or cannot be replaced. (does the money fix the emotional scars of what was covered under warranty, NO, but it may help to relieve the pain by buying something new and shiny 😂 )
OK OK - time for the one company who offers some real warranties, for mobile phones at least.
Check out Worth Ave Group - www.worthavegroup.com
Our experience with this group has been phenomenal!!
UNTIL NEXT TIME, REMEMBER, VIOLENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DON'T MIX! 😎